Monday, July 1, 2013

Tried & Tested: The Thigh Split Trend

Not too long ago I wrote a post on here about thigh split maxi skirts/ dresses. I'm still as obsessed now as I was a month ago and actually had the chance to try out the trend at my graduation ball a couple of weeks ago.

The dress: 

ASOS, £40

My take on it:

I wore the dress with neutral make-up and gold accessories. I felt that the dress was the focal point and so I didn't need heavy accessories or makeup that would look garish or draw away from the dress. I went for neutral, bronzed makeup using my Benefit Away We Glow make-up set.


Pictures from the night:

I took a lot of pictures and it was a really fun night. I got a tonne of compliments on the dress, too. The only warning I would give is the dress isn't particularly bloat-friendly, so I was lucky to get away with a three course meal and drinks - be wary if you are buying the dress for an occasion which involves a meal.

(Excuse the terrible quality of my iPhone camera..)





I felt great wearing this dress and can't wait to wear it to a formal occasion again in the near future. It is still in stock on the ASOS website for those of you interested. Overall verdict: make sure you join in with the thigh-split trend at some point this year, but don't overdo the split...

- A.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment