Friday, June 14, 2013

Style Steal: Manolo Blahnik 'Chaos Cuff' Sandal

The time has come for another style steal post where I find high street alternatives to designer items. I'm sure that most of you will recognise this one instantaneously.



I've been obsessed with these strappy Manolo's ever since seeing a picture of Rihanna wearing them. Then, to my surprise (and delight), high street stores cottoned on and started producing their own. ASOS and River Island have brought out their own takes on the shoe in various colours, and Rihanna's collection for River Island even has some Manolo-inspired sandals - it's safe to say she loves the shoe style.

As nice as the sandals at these stores are, I didn't want to depart with £40+ just to get in on the trend - that's what being a student does to you. However, I was shopping in Primark, arguably an unlikely place to sell some nice heeled shoes, and I found a pair of Manolo-esque heels. Priced at £12, I couldn't say no. They are really good quality and don't look cheap, either.

Primark heeled sandals (£12):



Manolo Blahnik 'Chaos Cuff' sandal (£445):



Noticeable differences are the width of the strap across the foot and the heel height. These are minor differences though, and what both the actual Manolo's and the Primark heels have in common is that they are really flattering for the legs and feet. No matter your height or size, Manolo-inspired heeled sandals are a must buy and an ubiquitous trend, restricted to no one! Track them down on the high street, try them on and tell me if you disagree.

- A.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment