Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Fragrantly Fragrant... Alien by Thierry Mugler























Not unlike many other women, I love fragrances. I like the way the smell of a perfume can bring back memories of a certain place or time in your life. I've been through so many different perfumes in my life because I like to change every so often, and explore what else is out there. The past couple of years, Lacoste Touch of Pink has had me hooked. I first started wearing it in my first year of university and the smell has stuck with me throughout. I'm almost certain I'll be getting another bottle of it this Christmas, too, and I can't complain - I won't be ready to break off from it any time soon.

Recently, though, my sister was given a bottle of perfume whilst at work (it's one of the perks of her job!). She didn't like the smell so gave it to me. I loved it. The perfume is Alien by Thierry Mugler. Whilst my Touch of Pink fragrance is fruity, fresh and flirty, Alien is a warm blend of muskiness and sheer femininity. One or two sprays is enough for the smell to stick on me all day, unlike Touch of Pink which I feel wears off after an hour or so, and I feel the scent fits this time of year perfectly. It's the hint of musk that makes it so perfect for winter.

Additionally, I got a free bracelet inside the perfume box - I'm all for free gifts but I'm not entirely sure this one will be worn outside the house. Time will tell!




Whilst Thierry Mugler is one of the less popular perfumes when you compare it to the likes of Gucci or Calvin Klein, I'm glad my sister brought it to my attention because it's one of the best smells I've discovered in years. I'd liken it to Ghost Deep Night and Dior Pure Poison, both of which I've had before. All three are deeply seductive because of the musk, and yet smell fabulously feminine. My rating: 9/10.

- A.T.