Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hump Day Treat


I'm very excited to share this week's Hump Day Treat. My favourite museum in London will soon be showcasing an exciting new fashion exhibition - starting on 10 July and running through to 16 February 2014, the V&A museum will be host to 'Club to Catwalk: London Fashion in the 1980s'. It is described as tracing the "emerging theatricality in British fashion as the capital's vibrant and eclectic club scene influenced a new generation of designers," featuring designs by John Galliano and Betty Jackson.


I went to view the 'Ballgowns: British Glamour Since 1950' exhibition last summer and have been itching for the V&A to bring out another fashion exhibition that I can indulge in for a while now. Although I didn't live through 1980s fashion - and I'm not sure any exhibition the V&A open in the future can make me as excited as the ballgowns did -  I'm itching to learn more about fashion in that era and explore how fashion and the night club scene converged. It all seems so cool to me (I realise I may seem naive to those of you who lived through 80s fashion.. and hated it).

- A.T.